During our tests with SAP HANA on PowerMax arrays, we made the following observations:
- The SAP HANA-HWC-ES 1.1 certification scenario makes higher demands in terms of disk configuration.
- SAP HANA production installations on PowerMax systems require SSDs for the SAP HANA persistence.
- PowerMax arrays provide significant performance and scaling benefits.
- Using flash and SCM drives for the SAP HANA persistence provides benefits such as reduced time for SAP HANA startup, host auto-failover, and backup.
- PowerMax advanced data reduction with inline compression and deduplication provide storage efficiencies and capacity savings.
- Data Domain systems and DDBEA enable you to consolidate backup and archive SAP HANA systems with greater network efficiency, reducing your storage protection footprint through deduplication and compression.