This validation guide describes a solution that uses the SAP HANA platform in a TDI deployment scenario on PowerMax enterprise storage arrays. The guide provides configuration recommendations based on SAP requirements for HA and KPIs for data throughput and latency for the TDI deployment. Topics that the guide addresses include:
- Introduction to the key technologies in the solution
- Best practices and storage design principles for PowerMax storage with SAP HANA
- Configuration steps for deploying the SAP HANA scale-out database on PowerMax storage systems
- Example of an SAP HANA scale-out installation using PowerMax storage
- Backup and recovery for SAP HANA with the Dell EMC PowerProtect DD series appliance
Note: This validation guide describes SAP HANA TDI deployments in physical environments. If you plan to use SAP HANA in VMware vSphere virtualized environments, see the VMware Virtualized SAP HANA with EMC Storage Solution Guide.