To configure Data Domain for SAP HANA:
- Install the DDBEA software on the operating system of the database host.
- Manually create the following subdirectory if it does not already exist:
- Copy the /opt/ddbda/bin/hdbbackint file to the subdirectory that you specified in step 2.
Alternatively, as shown in the following figure, create a symbolic link that points to the executable file from the following directory:
Figure 6. Create symbolic link command
- Modify the parameter settings of the SAP HANA template configuration file /opt/ddbda/config/sap_hana_ddbda.utl, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 7. Modifying the configuration file parameter settings
- Configure the DDBDA lockbox by using ddbmadmin –P –Z <configuration_file>, where <configuration_file> is the file that you used in step 4.
Note: This example of configuring SAP HANA for backup and recovery uses X22 as the SAP HANA <SID>. If you are configuring the multinode cluster, repeat steps 2–5 for all nodes.
- In the SAP HANA studio UI, specify the location of the DDBEA configuration file for data and log backup, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 8. Specifying the DDBEA configuration file location
For more information, see the Dell EMC Data Domain Boost for Enterprise Applications and ProtectPoint Database Application Agent Installation and Administration Guide.