With SAP HANA TDI, all scenarios that are applicable to Dell EMC’s SAP HANA certified appliances are supported in TDI deployments using the same Dell EMC server model. PowerEdge servers are designed for business continuity and offer outstanding enterprise-class features, including:
- Powerful technology—Single-server configurations ranging in size from 192 GB to 6 TB provide a consistent experience and a solid base for future expansion without forcing “rip and replace” as system requirements evolve. The latest PowerEdge servers with Intel Skylake or Cascade Lake processors are certified for SAP HANA single-server and scale-out solutions and include everything that is required to support your SAP HANA implementation. For more information, see the Certified and Supported SAP HANA Hardware Directory.
- Virtualization—Dell EMC PowerEdge solutions are certified to run a virtualized SAP HANA implementation, which provides a more economical application development environment and is ready for deployment in production environments.
- Enterprise-class availability—With highly redundant hardware configurations and the use of both SAN/NAS technology and a highly available multinode design, Dell EMC scale-out solutions for SAP HANA provide resiliency and easy expandability.
- High performance—Automated data tiering with Dell EMC storage software provides quick access to the datasets that are most needed for analysis.
- Backup and disaster recovery—Dell EMC solutions for SAP HANA can provide remote disaster recovery through SAP HANA system replication or storage-based replication. Tests are performed with the Dell EMC Data Domain appliance to provide a high-performance, cost-effective solution.
- Modular growth—The scale-out solution can grow from 1.5 TB to 48 TB in modular increments without disrupting the existing system, preserving your investment as your system changes.
- SAP applications in memory—Dell EMC solutions for SAP HANA support application deployment that enables production business applications to benefit from the speed and performance of in-memory computing without the need for multiple compute environments.
- A single point of contact—Dell EMC is your single source for all Dell EMC hardware components of the SAP HANA solution.