During the mount phase, AppSync software moves the volumes from the copy target SG to one of the candidate SGs with an appropriate masking view. This process enables the volumes to be mounted to ESXi servers.
Follow these steps to determine to which candidate SG the AppSync software moves the volumes.
To find the VMAX TDEV volume names associated with the repurpose copy:
- From the AppSync UI, go to Copy Management > Oracle.
- Click the source OLTP PROD database; for example, DB11TP or DB16TP.
- Click the name (typically as date and time) that uniquely identifies the repurpose copy, to display the Events in the lower pane associated with this copy.
Note: Do not click the Repurpose link under the Service Plan column.
- To identify the OLTP DEV (DB12TD) DATA/REDO snapshot volumes, expand the event that has a description similar to Create 1st gen copy phase for db11tp completed successfully.
- Look for the row with the description The SnapVX snapshot EMC_SYNC_………nocopy mode with target device 000D1.
- Note the target device or TDEV names of the snapshot volumes on VMAX listed in the preceding rows (000D1, for example) associated with this repurpose copy or DB12TD test/dev database.
To determine the FRA volume:
- Expand the event that has a description similar to Create 1st gen archLogs copy phase for db11tp completed successfully.
- Follow the preceding steps 5 and 6 to locate the target device.
To find the SG containing the AppSync snapshot volume:
- In VMAX Unisphere UI, hover over the Storage menu and then click the sub-menu option Volumes.
- Enter the target device or TDEV name in the Volume ID field, and click Find.
- Double-click the TDEV volume.
- In the right pane, under Related Objects, click Storage Groups - # to determine the SG associated with the TDEV volume.
This information lists the default SG or the candidate SG in VMAX under which AppSync creates all its repurpose copies’ test/dev database target devices.
- Identify all test/dev database TDEV volumes and move them to the appropriate database SG.
- In the default SG, match all the target devices found in AppSync associated with the repurpose copy and move them to the appropriate SG created for this test/dev database.
Because we used DB11TP as the example for the source OLTP PROD database, move all snapshot target devices created by AppSync for DB12TD from the default SG to C8-DATA-D12, C8-REDO-D12, and C8-FRA-D12 child SGs associated with DB12TD database.