The Dell EMC OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) provides a proactive approach to data center management. The plug-in delivers features for monitoring Dell servers and chassis infrastructures in environments managed by OEM. The Dell EMC OpenManage plug-in protects your existing investment in the OEM console and helps ease integration and monitoring of Dell devices.
The plug-in equips database or IT administrators with the necessary information to make rapid and informed decisions about the datacenter. These decisions can impact the availability of data center resources, help increase productivity, and reduce costs.
Key features of Dell EMC OpenManage Plug-in for OEM include:
- Discovery, inventory, and monitoring of Dell hardware–The OpenManage Plug-in enables the data center customers to discover Dell devices, provides inventory information, and allows customers to periodically monitor the health of the following Dell devices:
- Dell EMC PowerEdge 12th generation (12G) to 15th generation (15G) servers using Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise.
- Mapping of Oracle database workloads to Dell hardware–Databases and servers are linked together automatically based on the server host name. This feature allows database administrators to quickly pinpoint outage or performance issues that may occur in the Oracle infrastructure, enabling a faster response from the database administrators.
- Device specific one-to-one console launch from the OEM console – The OpenManage plug-in allows the administrator to take corrective action and further enables the DBAs and IT administrators to perform troubleshooting once the issue has been identified through link and launch of device-specific element management tools. It also helps to perform configuration, update, and management of Dell devices. The one-to-one Dell tools that are supported by the OpenManage plug-in through the OEM console includes the Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) console.
- One-to-many console launch of OpenManage plug-in from OEM–This feature enables administrators to view detailed inventory information about Dell devices and perform configuration, update, and management of multiple Dell hardware through the Dell EMC OpenManage plug-in tool.
The Dell EMC OpenManage Plug-in for OEM integrates with Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise to retrieve hardware information to the OEM console and is a mandatory component that must be installed on a physical server or virtual machine. Multiple plug-in instances may be pointed at the same OEM environment at a given time. This includes instances on the same Oracle Management Agent (OMA) or on a separate OMA. However, each additional plug-in instance increases the total amount of queries made to the OpenManage plug-in environment.