Azure Stack Hub Infrastructure Backup Service protects the following data:
- Deployment inputs
- Internal identity systems
- Federated identify configuration (disconnected deployments)
- Root certificates used by internal certificate authority
- Azure Resource Manager configuration user data, such as subscriptions, plans, offers, and quotas for storage, network, and compute resources
- KeyVault secrets and vaults
- RBAC policy assignments and role assignments
None of the user IaaS or PaaS resources are recovered during deployment, which means that IaaS VMs, storage accounts, BLOBs, tables, network configuration, and so on, are lost.
The purpose of cloud recovery is to ensure that your operators and users can log in to the portal after deployment is complete. Users logging in will not see any of their resources. Users have their subscriptions and the original plans and offers policies, which the administrator defines, restored. Users logging in to the system operate under the same constraints that the original solution imposed before the disaster. After cloud recovery is completed, the operator can manually restore value-add and third-party resource providers and associated data.