In Use Case 1, we manually provision a container-based dev/test environment as follows:
- Install the Docker runtime on a PowerEdge R740 server that is running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Install and configure a local private Docker registry.
- Pull the most recent SQL Server 2019 for Linux container image from Docker Hub.
- Push the SQL Server image to the local private registry.
- Pull a lightweight data access layer container image from Docker Hub and push the image to the local private registry.
- Configure a storage volume containing the Microsoft AdventureWorks database files and connect the volume to the SQL Server container by using Linux bind mounts.
- Verify access to the AdventureWorks database through the data access layer application, using a web browser.
- Clean up the environment by removing the containers.