During our tests with SAP HANA on Unity, we observed that:
- The SAP HANA-HWC-ES 1.1 certification scenario makes higher disk configuration demands than the HANA-HWC-ES 1.0 certification.
- SAP HANA production installations on Unity systems require SSDs for the SAP HANA persistence to meet the SAP HANA KPIs.
- Using SSDs for the SAP HANA persistence provides the following significant benefits:
- Initial array and disk configuration based on capacity
without the need to take spindle count into consideration.
- Reduced SAP HANA startup and host auto-failover times
- Reduced SAP HANA backup times