Each SAP HANA node requires two volumes for persistence, one for data and one for log. To create the SAP HANA volumes:
- Select Storage > Block in the left panel. The LUNs page appears.
- To create a LUN, click the plus sign in the upper left corner. The
Create a LUN screen appears.
- Enter a name and (optionally) a description of the new LUN. Click Next.
- On the Configure Storage Characteristics page, select the pool in which
to create the LUN.
If there are multiple tiers in the storage pool, select a tiering policy and enter the required size of the LUN, as shown in Figure 15. Click Next.
Note: The default LUN selection is THIN. Leave Compression unchecked for SAP HANA production installations.
Figure 15. Creating a LUN – Configure Storage Characteristics screen
Note: Use SAP HANA Storage Requirements to determine the final capacity of the data and log LUNs. In the following examples, we used 256 GB for the log LUN and 614 GB for the data LUN.
- In the Select Host Access page, check the host that will have access to the newly created LUN, as shown in Figure 16. Click OK.
Figure 16. Creating a LUN – Select Host Access page
- On the Summary page, review all the information you entered for the new LUN, as shown in Figure 17, and then click Finish to create a LUN that is visible to the SAP HANA host.
Figure 17. Creating a LUN - Summary