In an SAP HANA scale-out implementation, install the SAP HANA database binaries on a shared file system that is exposed to all hosts of a system under the /hana/shared mount point. A NAS server can provide access to the shared HANA file systems.
To create a NAS server:
- Select Storage > File on the left side. The File page appears.
- To create a NAS server, first click the NAS Servers link and then click the plus sign in the upper left corner. The Create a NAS Server screen appears.
- Enter a server name and select a pool. Click Next. The Configure NAS Server Address page appears, as shown in Figure 20.
Figure 20. Configure NAS Server Address
- Enter the following information for the NAS server:
- Ethernet Port
- IP address
- Subnet Mask/Prefix Length10
- VLAN ID
Click Next. The Configure Sharing Protocols screen appears, as shown
in Figure 21.
Figure 21. Configure Sharing Protocols page
- Select the Linux/Unix shares (NFS) checkbox and enable NFSv4. Click Next.
- (Optional) On the Unix Directory Service page, configure NIS as the UDS
for the NAS server. Click Next.
- (Optional) On the DNS page, configure the DNS for the server. Click Next.
The Review Your Selections page shown in Figure 22 appears.
Figure 22. Review Your Selections page
- If you are satisfied that the information is correct, click Finish to create the NAS Server.