The Dell Technologies computer vision framework is designed to deliver real-time video analytics at scale. A complete view of the framework can be seen in the following figure:
Within this framework is a more consolidated Dell Technologies Validated Design that is focused on addressing the specific functions of the VMS for recording and archiving video, along with the analytical and detection capabilities described in this paper. In the following figure, the specific components of this validated design are outlined:
This Dell validated design is based on hyperconverged and storage platforms that are optimized for aviation use cases but are still flexible enough to be utilized for other transportation hub uses like rail or motor coach. The solution is designed to be accessible from a centralized location, bringing together disparate and distributed building blocks from across multiple facilities. Through Dell's ecosystem of systems integrator partners and solution providers, assistance is available to design, deploy, manage, and scale the solution as needs grow.
The Dell Validated Design (DVD) for computer vision includes both Dell platforms and validated software from third-party providers that is designed to ingest video and edge data once, allowing multiple applications to act on that information. This solution is designed to integrate with existing CCTV and IP network video cameras. The flexibility of the solution enables customers to leverage their existing video camera networks as opposed to requiring the expensive and complex replacement of these devices that are already installed and operational at transportation hubs. The definition within the DVD is designed to provide guidance for building an architecture for computer vision in a transportation hub. Because each environment will be unique, it is assumed that this DVD is flexible enough to handle many situations without being a "one size fits all" solution. The virtualization of the software components provides additional flexibility for both customization and adaptability as needs change, grow or scale over time.
This complete solution includes the following components:
- Genetec Omnicast video management system, an IP-based VMS that acts as the base of the system, collecting, connecting and acting on video streams as well as archiving the video for future application needs.
- BriefCam Video Content Analytics brings value by allowing video to become searchable, quantifiable and actionable. Through deep learning, BriefCam can deliver real-time alerting and quantitative video insights based on facial recognition.
- Ipsotek delivers video analytics and facial recognition to help enhance situational awareness, security and performance. Through AI video analytics, Ipsotek enables improvements in response times through better real-time alerting.
- Secureworks Taegis XDR enables the detection and prevention of advanced threats through their machine learning-driven analytics and comprehensive threat intelligence.
- Dell VxRail Cluster provides a turnkey solution for deploying a hybrid cloud or Kubernetes environment that delivers a flexible hyperconverged solution spanning compute, storage and networking, growing and adapting with your needs.
- Dell PowerScale, a scale-out NAS solution that is designed to be both flexible and reliable at scale. PowerScale has the capability to handle both structured and unstructured data and can scale out as video data collections grow exponentially.
The DVD computer vision testing and validation is designed to provide a robust, supportable platform for a variety of different transportation hub usages that involve consuming and analyzing video in both real time and archival modes.