PowerEdge servers are built to support the work of IT organizations. They are engineered to handle the most demanding business applications and are designed with specific features to better run workloads, including:
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Business intelligence
- Data warehousing and data analytics
As the foundation for a complete and adaptive solution, PowerEdge servers deliver exceptional performance and management advantages, powering the business applications that customers run most often.
PowerEdge servers combine with the innovative Dell EMC OpenManage systems management portfolio and industry-leading workload solutions to:
- Provide intelligent yet simple technology.
- Give you the power to do more in the most complex environments.
The latest generation of servers responds to customer needs in the following areas:
- Memory capacity and scalability—Larger memory footprints
- Virtualization performance—More processor cores and denser memory
- System management—Complete life cycle management using the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and monitoring and updating capabilities by using OpenManage Essentials
- Energy efficiency—Comprehensive optimizations, including Dell EMC OpenManage Power Center
- Infrastructure flexibility—Innovations like select network interface controllers, offering more and better I/O options
- Reliability—More Remote Access Service (RAS) features, including a failsafe hypervisor option on most servers
This reference architecture uses the Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 and Dell EMC PowerEdge R740xd servers.