Reference Architecture Guide—Ready Solutions for Microsoft SQL: Design for Dell EMC XtremIO
Appendix C: Creating and mapping storage to the VM
Creating a VM
To create a VM:
- Right-click the host and select New virtual machine.
- Enter the VM name.
- Select the datacenter name.
- Select the host where you want to install VM.
- Select the datastore where you want to install RHEL or Windows Server 2016.
- Select the guest operating system—Linux or Windows Server.
- Select the guest operating system version.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.