This ready architecture guide describes the infrastructure necessary for deployment and operation of the application deployment platform, providing the information that you need to facilitate readiness for both initial and ongoing operations. Topics include the architectural requirements that you must meet to successfully deploy:
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform v3.11—An enterprise Kubernetes-based container application deployment platform
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage—Software-defined storage that is integrated with and optimized for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and that runs anywhere OpenShift runs
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 and R740xd servers—The industry choice for dependable and durable compute and storage needs
- Dell EMC Networking S-5200 series switches—The network enablement platform of choice for providing a highly agile communications environment that is well suited to container cloud environments
- Dell EMC Networking S-3000 series switches—The devices used for the out of band (OOB) management of the cluster infrastructure.
This guide includes:
- An overview of the container ecosystem design
- Hardware requirements to support Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform node roles
- Hardware platform configuration requirements
- Network architecture and switch configuration details
- Hardware bill of materials for all components required to assemble the OpenShift cluster
- Rack-level design and power configuration considerations
For information about the manual installation and deployment of Red Hat software products, see Product Documentation for OpenShift Container Platform 3.11.