There are four distinct VLAN IDs that are used in the lab:
Table 6. VLAN IDs
VLAN used for the replication traffic between the production and Cyber Recovery vault DD systems.
VLAN used for management traffic between the devices in the Cyber Recovery vault.
VLAN used for out-of-band type access such is iDRAC and CIMC
VLAN used to restore data traffic in the Cyber Recovery vault.
VLAN for VxRail discovery. Only configured in NetWorker or PowerProtect Data Manager Cyber Recovery environments.
- All five of these VLAN IDs must be defined on the Cyber Recovery Cisco Nexus 93180YC-FX switches.
- VLAN ID 457 is configured on the VPCs defined for both the production and Cyber Recovery vault DD virtual interfaces defined for Cyber Recovery replication. This VLAN ID is also tagged on those same DD LACP virtual interfaces.
- VLAN ID 405 is configured on the Cyber Recovery Cisco Nexus 93180YC-FX switch access ports for DD ethMa, LAN1 on the Cisco UCS C220-M5 rack mount server, and management VMkernel ports on each of the VxRail Cluster nodes.
- VLAN ID 411 is configured on the Cyber Recovery Cisco Nexus 93180YC-FX switch access ports for the DD iDRAC, Cisco UCS C220-M5 CIMC, and iDRAC ports on each of the VxRail Cluster nodes.
- VLAN ID 3939 is defined on the Cyber Recovery Cisco Nexus 93180YC-FX switches. This VLAN is only used for discovery of the VxRail nodes during the VxRail deployment and configuration process.
The following figure provides a visual representation of the Cyber Recovery network, including VLAN IDs.
Figure 3. Cyber Recovery network