This section configures OpenStack to point to the newly configured cinder backend.
- Creating a new cinder volume type - these will be mapped to set of capabilities of the storage back-end driver
- Log in to horizon using the admin credentials.
- Click Admin tab on the top left side and from the Volume drop down select Volume Type
- In Volume Type select on Create Volume Type. Update the name and description details and then click on create volume type.
Figure 4. Create volume type
- Create the extra specs parameter for newly created volumes.
- Select new volume type, go to view extra specs from drop down menu.
Figure 5. Add extra specs
- Click create and update the value of the volume_backend_name key. Ensure this value is same as volume backend name which is specified in cinder configuration file.
- Verify that the extra specs have been created properly
Note: For command line operations ,see Block Storage Service(cinder) CLI .
For overcloud post installation task, see Performing Overcloud Post-installation Tasks.