The potential list of use cases that a full-featured data platform can address is nearly limitless. Looking at the intersection of industry type, data sources, business function, and value alone is too large a list to document. The following list gives some sense of the common use cases that Dell Technologies sees most often:
- Customer 360 analytics
- Retail inventory and sales analysis
- Manufacturing operational analysis
- eCommerce fraud prevention
- Network security intelligence
- Data warehouse consolidation
- Discount pricing optimization
- Financial services
- Insurance industry predictive analytics
- Recommendation engines
- Social media analysis and engagement
A good business practice is to maintain an active list of potential use cases where the availability of a data platform can enhance development. Assess the list so that you do not tackle too many use cases that are high-priority and high-investment too early.
This document describes two of the use cases in more detail: financial services and manufacturing.