For more details and latest instructions on managing policies and actions, see Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Product Guide.
- Log in to Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery UI and navigate to Policies tab.
- Click Add to add a new policy, The UI displays the available policy types: Standard and PPDM.
Figure 11. Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery policy types
- For backup software other than PowerProtect Data Manager, select the Policy Type as Standard.
- Select the storage object containing the replication context that the policy will protect.
- Under Context, select the MTree replication context to protect and the interface on the storage instance that is configured for replications.
- Under Ethernet Port, select the interface on the storage instance that is configured for replications.
Note: Do not select the data or management Ethernet interfaces.
Use the following steps to run the policy immediately:
- Login to Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery UI.
- Select Policies in the Main Menu.
- On the Policies content pane, select the policy checkbox. Then click Actions and select the following actions that you want the policy to perform. Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery runs the policy and displays progress messages on the Jobs content pane and the dashboard.
Figure 12. Actions available for policy
- Secure Copy (Sync the data, create a fast copy, put Retention Lock on the copy)
- Sync Copy (Sync the data and create a fast copy)
- Sync (Sync the data)
- Copy (Create a fast copy of data that is already on PowerProtect DD series in the vault environment)
- Copy Lock (Put Retention Lock on a copy or extend the lock duration)