Analyze a point-in-time (PIT) copy by using the CyberSense feature in the Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery vault.
- Login to Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery UI and navigate to Policies > Copies.
- Select the latest copy and click Analyze. From the Application Host list box, select the application nickname for the CyberSense feature.
Figure 16. CyberSense as an application in Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery
- When the analysis is complete, return to the list of copies under Policies > Copies and click in the copy's row. The Last Analysis column shows the results as Suspicious, Good.
Figure 17. Analyze (good test data) operation status Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Vault
Figure 18. Ierest output for the good test data – CyberSense
Figure 19. Analyze (suspicious test data) operation status Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Vault
Figure 20. Ierest output for the Suspicious test data – CyberSense
- To retrieve a detailed analysis report (copy-name.csv) about a completed analysis, select the analyzed copy, click Analysis Report Actions, and do one of the following from the drop-down list:
- Click Download Analysis Report to download an analysis report for a specified copy to the location configured for download in the browser.
- Click Email Analysis Report to send an analysis report for a specified copy in an email message. In the drop-down list, enter at least one valid email address. You can then specify multiple email addresses. Click Apply.
Figure 21. Analysis Report Download