In this section, a RKE Kubernetes cluster is deployed using the SUSE Rancher Server UI.
- Log in to the Rancher Server from the browser.
- Click Add Cluster to create a new cluster
- In the Cluster type, click Existing nodes.
- Provide a name for the cluster and select the required Kubernetes version and click Next.
The new cluster is registered and is displayed in the Cluster tab.
- Click the newly created cluster name.
- Click Get Registration Command.
- Select the required node role and copy the command.
- SSH to the Kubernetes node as predefined user, for e.g. ‘root.’ Paste the command which was copied in the previous step and press enter. The node is registered with the cluster. Repeat this step for each of the Kubernetes node with the required node role. Once all the nodes are registered, it is displayed under the Nodes tab of the cluster.