Dell EMC Data Protection Suite provides comprehensive data protection. This offering meets the needs of organizations of all sizes, protecting data and applications residing in on-premises or multi-cloud environments. Whether your environment is rich with mission-critical applications, fully virtualized, or moving to the cloud, Data Protection Suite provides the tools to meet your data protection requirements. If your environment requires multiple SLOs or entails many different use cases, Data Protection Suite offers the solution to address those needs.
Data Protection Suite includes:
- Backup and recovery—Provides data protection for a variety of enterprise organizations and their traditional applications such as Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SAP, and Oracle. The backup and recovery software is integrated with the PowerProtect DD system for a target storage deduplication rate for backups of up to 55:1 (based on Dell EMC internal analysis of customer data as of May 2018).
- Disaster recovery—Provides off-premises DR to the cloud with the flexibility and agility that is delivered by the cloud. Cloud DR integrates with the on-premise backup environment for space-saving replication to object storage in the cloud, with orchestrated DR and simple failover operations.
- Continuous replication—Offers any point-in-time recovery for the cloud and efficient replication to the cloud through Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines. You can set snapshot intervals from hours to seconds, depending on the workload. For example, a general-purpose interval might be every hour, while the interval for mission-critical applications would be more frequent.
- Centralized monitoring and reporting—Provides single-dashboard visibility, monitoring, and management across Dell EMC data protection software and protection appliances. Data Protection Central, along with Data Protection Advisor and Data Protection Search, provides a single interface for managing the backup environment for all systems, both physical and virtual.
- Cyber Recovery—Serves as the last line of data protection defense against cyber attacks. Dell EMC Cyber Recovery provides security to your backup infrastructure by first identifying an attack and then using automation to resolve and fail over from a clean copy that is isolated from the production environment.