Dell EMC Data Protection for Converged Infrastructure offers three categories of products and solutions:
- Data-management appliance, such as the Dell EMC PowerProtect X400. The PowerProtect X400, which is designed to be fully integrated with the VxBlock System 1000 infrastructure, provides scale-up and scale-out flexibility.
- Integrated data protection software that is tightly integrated into the VxBlock System 1000 environment and delivered fully operational from the factory:
- Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager—The PowerProtect Data Manager software-defined platform is an integral part of the X400 appliance. It is used for both protection and management of data for VMware, SQL, and Oracle workloads.
- Dell EMC Data Protection Suite—This data protection software is used for both on-premises and cloud workloads for a variety of use cases, including Microsoft and SAP workloads.
Both products use Dell EMC PowerProtect DD as a back-end storage repository for data protection.
- High availability and security solutions:
- Dell EMC VPLEX—For high availability, the VPLEX solution provides the ability to stretch clusters across a distance, giving organizations the flexibility and resiliency of having their data available in two separate locations. The solution ensures zero downtime in the event of a disaster. VPLEX also enables moving workloads to one or more sites without outages and performing nondisruptive upgrades.
- Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines—This solution enables local, remote, and concurrent local and remote replication with continuous data protection for on-premises recovery to any point in time. Based on the VMware hypervisor, Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines is storage agnostic and application agnostic, with built-in orchestration and automation that are accessible though the VMware vSphere Web Client plug-in. As part of a disaster recovery strategy, Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines replicates to AWS and VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Dell EMC Cyber Recovery—Cyber Recovery is a tailored solution that combines PowerProtect Data Manager or Data Protection Suite and PowerProtect DD. The solution provides an environment that is isolated from the production backup environment. If a cyber attack occurs, the Cyber Recovery software identifies the issue within the isolated vault environment, resolves the attack, and restores a clean copy of the backup to production.
The following sections describe these components in more detail.