To protect Microsoft SQL Server using Data Manager, follow these key network requirements:
- All clocks on both the SQL Server host, domain controller, and Data Manager server are time-synced to the local NTP server to ensure discovery of the backups.
- The SQL Server and Data Manager network can see and resolve each other.
- Port 7000 is open on the SQL Server host and is bi-directional.
- Port 8443 is open on the SQL Server host. This requirement applies only to VM Direct.
- DNS is configured correctly on the application agent host for SQL Server.
- DNS is configured correctly on the Data Manager host, and the name resolution matches.