When a disaster scenario occurs, the Microsoft application agent supports disaster recovery of data on DD series appliances. The Microsoft application agent for Application Direct supports disaster recovery.
- Create a target Windows host with the same name as the source hostname.
- Install a SQL Server instance with the same name as the source instance name.
- Install the Microsoft application agent on the target Windows host.
- Browse the backups of the source instance by selecting the appropriate storage unit.
- Restore the system databases to the target instance.
- Restore all the user databases to the target instance.