Considerations for converting to or from a VxRail managed vCenter Server include:
- A VxRail-managed vCenter Server can be converted so that VxRail Manager identifies it as a customer-managed vCenter Server.
- If the VxRail managed vCenter Server is converted to a customer-managed vCenter Server, it cannot be converted back to a VxRail managed vCenter Server.
- After converting from VxRail managed vCenter Server, customers are responsible for providing a permanent vCenter Server license.
- After converting from VxRail-managed vCenter Server, customers must migrate the converted vCenter Server off the cluster to maintain connectivity and perform a cluster shutdown operation.
- VxRail LCM does not support upgrades of customer-managed vCenter Server instances after the conversion from a VxRail managed vCenter Server. Customers are responsible for all upgrades and maintenance to the vCenter instance.
- After a VxRail managed vCenter Server is converted to a customer-managed vCenter Server, it must be manually upgraded to the appropriate version before LCM can be performed on the hosting VxRail cluster.