Considerations for multicluster management include:
- There are no restrictions on a customer-managed vCenter Server managing multiple VxRail clusters; however, only VxRail versions 7.0.130 and later support multicluster management.
- The VxRail cluster must be running VxRail 7.0.130 or later to enable the VxRail managed vCenter Server it is hosting to support managing multiple VxRail clusters.
- The VxRail managed vCenter Server by default is configured for “Small” environments, which can support up to 100 hosts or 1,000 virtual machines.
- In a multicluster environment, first perform LCM on the VxRail cluster that is hosting the vCenter instance, and then perform LCM on the VxRail clusters being managed by this vCenter instance.
- When performing a series of cluster shutdown operations, shut down the clusters under management first. Shut down the cluster hosting the vCenter instance last.
- When performing cluster startup, first power on the cluster hosting the vCenter instance.
Figure 5. vCenter instances managing multiple clusters