You can link your Cloud Foundation on VxRail instance to your Dell Technologies and VMware accounts in order to download installation bundles and upgrade bundles directly through SDDC Manager.
An install bundle supports one of two purposes:
- An install bundle can be downloaded to deploy later versions of the software components that comprise a VI workload domain. This bundle will can be used to deploy a VI workload domain of a higher version than the original VMware Cloud Foundation installation.
- The vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager install bundle is used for deploying vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. Once vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is deployed in the management domain, it can then be used to deploy the vRealize suite of software on the Cloud Foundation on VxRail instance.
The upgrade bundle enables the lifecycle management feature to perform automated updates of the Cloud Foundation on VxRail instance.
Figure 68. SDDC Manager Software Bundle Download
After the connection to the Dell Technologies and VMware online depots, SDDC Manager will automatically poll those locations to access the bundles.
- The Dell Technologies online depots stores the bundles used to support upgrades of the VxRail clusters
- The VMware online depot stores the bundles to support upgrades of Cloud Foundation
- SDDC Manager will use the contents from both Dell Technologies and VMware to perform a full upgrade of Cloud Foundation on VxRail. If you do not have a support account on either site, pre-register before trying to enable access to the site in order to obtain the proper login credentials
- If SDDC Manager does not have outside Internet access, the software bundles can be manually uploaded