The rows in the table in Error! Reference source not found. describe the settings required for VxRail cluster formation and management. The following should be adhered to when selecting these settings:
- The IP addresses assigned to the VxRail management components must be within the subnet range selected for the external management network.
- The IP addresses must be unused and permanent IP addresses. They cannot be assigned by DHCP.
- The NTP and DNS servers must be accessible to this external management network.
- While using contiguous IP addresses is recommended for the VxRail management networks, it is not required.
- The network range selected for vMotion and vSAN can be public or private. If you want to ensure that these networks can expand across racks using Layer 3, use a routable IP address range.
- Hostnames and IP addresses selected for VxRail management components are automatically assigned during initial build. You can choose to customize the hostnames or follow a preset format for hostnames.