The rows in the table in Appendix D: VxRail network configuration describe the settings required for VxRail cluster formation and management. The following should be adhered to when selecting these settings:
- The IP addresses assigned to the VxRail management components must be within the range selected for the external management network.
- The IP addresses must be unused and permanent IP addresses. They cannot be assigned by DHCP.
- The NTP and DNS servers must be accessible to this external management network.
- While using contiguous IP addresses is recommended for the VxRail management networks, it is not required.
- The network range selected for vMotion and vSAN can be public or private. If you want to ensure that these networks can expand across racks with Layer 3, use a routable IP address range.
- Hostnames and IP addresses selected for VxRail management components are automatically assigned during initial build. You can choose to customize the hostnames or follow a preset format for hostnames.