Appendix D: VxRail network configuration describes the settings required for VxRail cluster formation and management. The following should be adhered to when selecting these settings:
- Hostnames and IP addresses for VxRail management components are automatically assigned during initial build.
- The IP addresses must be unused and permanent IP addresses. They cannot be assigned by DHCP.
- The IP address assigned to the vCenter instance supporting the VxRail cluster must be on the same subnet as the Cloud Foundation management domain.
- The IP addresses assigned to the remaining VxRail management components must be on the same subnet.
- The NTP and DNS servers must be accessible to the VxRail external management network.