Appendix D: VxRail network configuration describes the settings required for VxRail cluster formation and management. The following should be adhered to when selecting these settings:
- Hostnames and IP addresses for VxRail management components are automatically assigned during initial build.
- The IP addresses must be unused and permanent IP addresses. They cannot be assigned by DHCP.
- The IP addresses assigned to VxRail management components must be on the same subnet.
- The IP addresses assigned to VxRail nodes during the initial build are done sequentially, so a range of IP addresses is required.
- All ESXi hostnames in a VxRail cluster are defined by a naming scheme that is comprised of: an ESXi hostname prefix (an alphanumeric string), a separator (“None” or a dash”-“), an iterator (Alpha, Num X, or Num 0X), an offset (empty or numeric), a suffix (empty or alphanumeric string with no .), and a domain.
- The NTP and DNS servers must be accessible to the VxRail external management network.