To configure the management workload domain, Dell Technologies will follow these milestones:
- Capture and record the settings specific to the Cloud Foundation management VI workload domain and Application Virtual Network in a workbook.
- Download and deploy the Cloud Foundation Cloud Builder virtual appliance on the VxRail cluster.
- Upload the settings captured in the workbook for the Cloud Foundation to the virtual appliance.
- Activate the Cloud Builder process. This will lay down the SDDC management layer on top of the VxRail cluster using the uploaded settings.
Cloud Builder will perform the following tasks to create the management VI workload domain using the data input into the tool:
- Deploy NSX-V Manager.
- Register NSX-V Manager with vCenter & Platform Services Controller.
- Install License for NSX-V.
- Deploy 3 NSX-V Controllers.
- Create Anti-Affinity Rules for NSX-V Controllers.
- Configure VXLAN Segment ID Range.
- Configure a new Global Transport Zone.
- Add management VI workload domain to the new Transport Zone.
- Deploy and configure the Application Virtual Network
- Deploy Log Insight in Region A of the Application Virtual Network
- Deploy SDDC Manager in the management VI workload domain
Refer to the
Cloud Builder and Management VI Workload Domain Configuration appendix for guidance on all of the settings that need to be collected for Cloud Builder.