The network services listed in this section are required in the host data center for your Cloud Foundation on VxRail deployment.
- Domain Name Service (DNS) ‒ You will need to enter forward and reverse DNS entries for every VxRail node. In addition, the virtual components used for the management of the VxRail clusters and the Cloud Foundation domains also require forward and reverse DNS entries.
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) ‒ For Cloud Foundation on VxRail, DHCP is required for the automated allocation of IP addresses for the VXLAN Tunnel Endpoints. A DHCP server must be deployed in the host data center, and be pre-populated with the IP addresses to be assigned in order to support connectivity on the VXLAN network.
- SFTP Server – The SFTP server supports backups of NSX-T Data Center instances and SDDC Manager.
The following network services are optional, but recommended:
- Simple Message Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Certificate Authority (CA)
The following network services might be required, depending on the use cases targeted for Cloud Foundation on VxRail VI workload domains:
- Active Directory - Cloud Foundation on VxRail uses Active Directory service accounts for application to application communications.