A Use the Application Virtual Network Configuration
VI Workload Domain Configuration Settings appendix as a guide for the VI workload domain deployment requirements.
- Each VI workload domain requires a unique name and an organization name.
- Capture the VXLAN overlay VLAN ID.
- Network settings are required for the vCenter instance that is deployed in the management workload domain. Save the network settings for the vCenter instance for the subsequent phase when the VxRail cluster is assigned to the VI workload domain.
- Follow the steps outlined in the VxRail VxRail Cluster Deployment Preparation section to capture and record the settings for a VxRail cluster. Use the network settings for the vCenter instance from the previous step for the VxRail cluster.
- Capture the network settings for the NSX components. Select an IP address accessible to the external management network for the NSX management components.
Note: Configure a Cloud Foundation on VxRail VI workload domain from SDDC Manager to assign the VxRail cluster as the underlying resource pool to support virtual machines, and then deploy the basic virtual management components on the cluster resources to enable operations. Additional steps are required for the buildout of the NSX-based virtual network in the VI workload domain.