During the VxRail initial deployment process, the settings input into VxRail Manager are used to configure the VxRail-supplied vCenter on the cluster.
Requirements for Deployment
This deployment option requires:
- A reserved vCenter Server hostname
- A reserved IP address for the VxRail vCenter Server
- A reserved PSC hostname
- A reserved IP address for the new PSC
- Forward and reverse DNS records must be configured correctly if using an external domain name server.
- VMware-compliant passwords for the administration accounts
- If you plan to connect to another VxRail-supplied vCenter instance using ELM:
- Remote VxRail-supplied vCenter hostname
- Remote VxRail-supplied vCenter HTTPS port
- Remote VxRail-supplied vCenter administrator credentials
Note: PSC Hostname and IP Address are not needed when using VxRail 7.x with vCenter Server 7.x.