Planning Guide—Dell VxRail vCenter Server
- A customer-supplied vCenter can be deployed on or migrated to a VxRail cluster.
- In versions earlier than VxRail 4.5.200, the customer-supplied vCenter cannot be hosted on the VxRail cluster it is managing.
- Starting with VxRail 4.5.200, the customer-supplied vCenter Server can be hosted on the VxRail cluster it is managing.
- The VxRail cluster shutdown procedure can impact access to a customer-supplied vCenter instance when in this location.
- If the customer-supplied vCenter instance manages the VxRail cluster on which it resides, you must migrate the vCenter Server manually to maintain connectivity to the vCenter instance.
- If the customer-supplied vCenter instance does not manage the VxRail cluster on which it resides, you must manually power off or migrate the vCenter instance before attempting to use the VxRail cluster shutdown feature.