If you have positioned a firewall between the switches that are planned for VxRail and the rest of your data center network, be sure that the required firewall ports are open for VxRail network traffic.
- Verify that VxRail can communicate with your DNS server.
- Verify that VxRail can communicate with your NTP server.
- Verify that your IT administrators can communicate with the VxRail management system.
- If you plan to use a customer-supplied vCenter, verify open communication between the vCenter instance and the VxRail managed hosts.
- If you plan to use a third-party syslog server instead of Log Insight, verify that open communication between the syslog server and the VxRail management components.
- If you plan to deploy a separate network for ESXi host management (iDRAC), verify that your IT administrators can communicate with the iDRAC network.
- If you plan to use an external Secure Remote Services (SRS) gateway in your data center instead of SRS-VE deployed in the VxRail cluster, verify the open communications between VxRail management and the SRS gateway.
See Appendix D: VxRail Open Ports Requirements for information of VxRail port requirements.