You will need to assign a password to the accounts that are members of the VxRail management ecosystem. See the VxRail Passwords table to use as worksheets for your passwords.
- If you deploy the VxRail vCenter Server, VxRail Manager and vCenter share the same default administrator login, ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. Enter the password that you want to use [Row 2].
- If you use a customer-supplied vCenter server, VxRail Manager will use the same ‘administrator@<SSO Domain>’ login credentials you use for access to the customer-supplied vCenter server.
- Enter the ‘root’ password for the VxRail vCenter Server [Row 3].
- Enter a password for ‘management’ for the VxRail vCenter Server [Row 4].
- A Platform Services controller will be deployed. Enter the ‘root’ password for the Platform Services controller [Row 5].
- Enter a password for ‘root’ [Row 6].
- Enter a password for ‘admin’ [Row 7].
Passwords must adhere to VMware vSphere complexity rules. Passwords must contain between eight and 20 characters with at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one numeric character, and one special character. For more information about password requirements, see the vSphere password and vCenter Server password documentation.