This section describes the requirements to implement vSAN stretched clusters in a VxRail Cluster running VxRail v7.0.
- The VxRail cluster must be deployed across two physical sites in an active/active configuration.
- The VxRail cluster must be running VxRail version 7.0 or later.
- Failure Tolerance Method of RAID5 or 6 must be all-flash.
- The minimum supported configuration is 1+1+1 (2 nodes +1 witness). See the vSAN 2-Node Cluster on VxRail Planning Guide for more detailed information.
- The maximum supported configuration is 15+15+1 (30 nodes+1 witness).
- A witness host must be installed on a separate site as part of the installation engagement. The witness must be running the same version as the vSphere. See Table 1 for version compatibility.
Table 1. VxRail/Witness Host OVA Compatibility Chart
OVA Version 7.0