The following are the customer-supplied vCenter Server requirements:
- The customer must provide his or her own license.
- The customer supplied vCenter Server version must be in the VxRail and external vCenter interoperability matrix.
- Check the VxRail Release Notes for to determine the proper version numbers.
- VxRail 7.x and vSphere 7.x, version details can be found in VxRail Appliance Software 7.x Release Notes.
To join the customer supplied vCenter Server, you must:
- Know the customer-supplied vCenter Server FQDN.
- Know the Customer Existing Single Sign-on domain (SSO) (For example vsphere.local).
- Create or select a data center on the customer supplied vCenter Server for the VxRail Cluster to join.
- Specify the name of the cluster that will be created by VxRail in the selected data center when the cluster is built. It will also be part of the distributed switch name. This name must be unique and not used anywhere in the data center on the customer supplied vCenter Server.
- Verify that the customer DNS server can resolve all VxRail ESXi hostnames before deployment.
- Create or reuse a VxRail management user and password for this VxRail cluster on the customer-supplied vCenter Server. The user must be:
- Created with no permissions
- Created with no roles assigned to it
- (Optional) If the administrator account cannot be used, create a VxRail admin user and password for VxRail on the Customer-Supplied vCenter Server.