When configuring Linux guest VM for Oracle RAC database, ensure that the hardware, network, storage, and software requirements are supported before installing the Oracle RAC:
- Adequate number and speed of CPU cores. Oracle licensing is per core so lower core count and high clock speed is wanted.
- Adequate physical memory
- Recommended swap space (16 GB) to support physical memory
- Sufficient storage for operating system, Oracle Grid Infrastructure and RAC software, and configuration files
- Sufficient network bandwidth for RAC VM node interconnect between Oracle RAC node servers
- Mandatory Linux kernel setting
- Mandatory Linux packages