- Perform test failover to bring up database on the target.
When a test failover is performed, the grid infrastructure on the target cluster can detect the ASM disks.
Note: The ASM disks is in dismounted state.
- Mount the devices, then register the database, before starting the database on the target.
- Target database is now ready to be used for other activities such as backup, reporting and so on.
- Go back to the initial state of replication from source to target:
- Stop database.
- Unmount DATA, REDO, and FRA ASM disk groups from the target.
- Log in to PowerFlex presentation server UI and perform the ‘test failover stop’ from the selected RCG.
- Ensure that the RCG status displays as OK and state is ACTIVE after the test failover has stopped,
Result: The ASM disk groups DATA, REDO, and FRA on the target becomes read-only again and is not visible until the next failover/switchover from the source.