PowerFlex remote snapshot feature enables users to take snapshots of an RCG, which would create a new set of volumes in target system. The new volumes can then be mounted to the RHEL VMs and database can be bought up on the target system. Highlights of the required steps are provided below:
- Start the workload.
- Log in to the PowerFlex presentation server UI of target system. Create a snapshot of both RCGs: oracle_DATAREDO and oracle_FRA.
- The new snapshot volumes are displayed under volumes and acts as separate volumes which are not part of replication. The original replicated volumes are still present and participating in replication.
Note: No impact of performance during snapshot creation process for replication.
- Map the snapshot volumes to all SDCs that are part of the compute cluster; Add and mount the volumes across all VMs.
- Configure ASM disk groups with new volumes and start Oracle RAC cluster.
- Start the Oracle database.
Result: A separate instance of an Oracle RAC database is running on the target system