PowerFlex also provides users with the option of complete failover so that target cluster becomes the new source and the original source becomes the new target. PowerFlex also has the option to reverse replication from new source to new target.
Steps are as provided below:
- Start the workload.
- From PowerFlex presentation UI, select the RCG for the Oracle database and choose to 'Failover' the RCG from the menu.
- On the target system, mount the ASM disks and start the database.
- From the PowerFlex presentation server UI select the RCG and then, perform reverse replication.
- As seen from the arrow in the above figure, the replication is now taking place in the reverse direction.
- The database in the new target can be brought up using the test failover method described in Scenario 1.