The steps below were followed in this configuration to setup Oracle RAC disaster recovery with PowerFlex asynchronous replication as described below:
- Create three VMs in both source and target PowerFlex clusters.
- Create the volumes that are required for ASM disk groups and map the volumes in both the source and target cluster.
- Create a replication consistency group (RCG), between the data, redolog, and flash recovery area volumes of both the source and target.
- Install Oracle 19c grid infrastructure and Oracle database 19c software in both source and target.
- Create Oracle database only on the source cluster. Since data and redolog are being replicated to target, the journals are replicated to the target cluster and a copy of the database can be brought up in target without any additional modifications.