The Volume was created in the PowerFlex system using the GUI. Volumes that are created on PowerMax are filled with data.
The following steps are performed to complete the migration.
- The following volumes are listed in the Oracle VM with both PowerMax and PowerFlex volumes.
Figure 5. Volume list
Figure 6. PowerMax volume with pseudo name
Figure 7. PowerFlex volume with PowerPath pseudo name volume
- Run the following commands to migrate data from source PowerMax volume [emcpowera] to target PowerFlex volume[emcpowerd].
Figure 8. Setting up migration
Figure 9. Migration handle setup
Figure 10. Initiating Migration
- Run the following commands to initiate the volume sync for the migration of data.
Figure 11. Migration initiated
Figure 12. Migration in progress
Figure 13. Migration/Sync status completed with source selected
- Run the following commands to select the target for reading IOs.
Figure 14. Selecting target volume for completing sync/migration
Figure 15. Target volume selected
- Run the following commands to commit all data – The mapping of devices will change from source to target.
Figure 16. Committing to target volume
Figure 17. Target volume committed
- After committing the interchange occurs as follows:
Figure 18. Pseudo name changed from source to target [emcpowera=emcpowed]
Figure 19. Pseudo name changed from source to target [emcpowerd=emcpowea]
- Run the following commands to clean up all handles:
Figure 20. Cleaning up handles