For the PowerEdge R740xd rack server, adhere to these best practices:
- Set power management to high performance in the server BIOS.
- Enable hyper-threading in the server BIOS.
- Configure local disks in RAID 1 for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2 installation.
- Create the configuration goal for Intel Optane PMem in either:
- Memory Mode by changing the persistency percentage to 0 percent
- App Direct Mode by changing the persistency percentage to 100 percent
- For best read performance in App Direct Mode, choose interleave mode when creating the configuration goal for Intel Optane PMem.
- Ensure that you have the latest stable version of the BIOS and firmware for all devices that are attached to the server, including FC cards.
- Maintain redundancy at card and port levels for network cards.