To install the Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager, perform the following steps:
- Create the VM and install the Oracle Linux 7.9 OS using minimal installation.
- Install the oVirt Engine package and install engine by executing the following commands:
yum-config-manager --enable ol7_latest
yum install oracle-ovirt-release-el7
yum clean all
yum-config-manager --disable ovirt-4.2
yum-config-manager --disable ovirt-4.2-extra
yum install ovirt-engine
- Execute the engine-setup to install the Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager.
- Once installation completes, the user is provided with a web URL to access the virtualization manager.
Figure 7. Network configuration where the user needs to drag and drop from unassigned logical networks to assigned logical networks
- Once networking is configured, install the PowerFlex 3.6 SDC component on each of the KVM hosts.