Anthos clusters on VMware require a Layer 4 network load balancer and by default integrates with F5 BIG-IP load balancer.
Register, login, and download the Big-IP Virtual Edition OVA from BIG-IQ Virtual Editions official site. Use this file to deploy OVF template.
- Log in to the PowerFlex Management Controller vCSA.
- Right-click the cluster and select Deploy OVF Template. The Deploy OVF Template wizard appears.
- On the Select template page, select the Big-IP Virtual Edition OVA file and click Next.
- Ensure to complete update all mandatory fields in the following pages:
- Select name and location
- Select a resource
- Review details
- Accept license agreements
- Select configuration
- Select storage: Select vsan-datastore.
- Select network: Select the appropriate Networks for the Internal, External, and Management networks as defined in the Logical design section.
- Ready to complete
- Click Finish to start the deployment. For more details, see Deploy an OVF or OVA Template.
- Post-deployment of the virtual appliance, power the appliance up from the vCenter.
- If the management network is configured with DHCP, then it should receive a DHCP address.
- If the management is configured for static address then you must configure the Management Interface using VM console. See, Deploying BIG-IP Virtual Edition in ESXi.
Result: You must successfully set up Management Interface.
- Log in to the management interface of the load balancer using a browser.
- Go to Try F5 official site to get F5 trial license.
- Configure the self-IPs, one for external interface and the other for internal interface.
- Create Administrative and User partition.
For more details, see Installing F5 BIG-IP ADC for Anthos GKE on-prem.